For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
While Catholics settled in Milford as early as the 1800's, there was no Catholic church locally for them to attend. Catholics attended Mass at either St. John the Evangelist Church in Lambertville or St. Philip and St. James Church in Phillipsburg.
Since 1915, Sunday Mass was celebrated in the private homes of parishioners in Milford by priests from Philipsburg.
In 1922 with the larger congregation, Mass was celebrated in a Silk Mill, and on July 14th 1922, the Church of St. Edward the Confessor became an official Mission of St. Philip and St. James Parish in Phillipsburg.
Construction of our church began in the spring of 1925 and the first Mass was celebrated on Christmas morning 1925.
We, the parish community of St. Edward the Confessor Church, have as our mission to unite all of our families in God’s Name to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We share our gifts through worship, education, fellowship, and community outreach, by joyfully facing the challenges of our neighborhood. Through the intercession of St. Edward the Confessor, our patron, may we grow in faith, hope, and love.
The Parish Center
To meet the needs of our growing community, the parish center was born. Located directly across the street from our church, the parish center is equipped with a worship space, full-service kitchen, library, and classrooms for our religious education program. The parish center also serves as our community food pantry.
The parish center allows us to hold events such as; Monthly Mass, First Holy Communion, Christmas Pageant, Pancake Breakfast, Comedy Night, Parish Dinners, and much more!